March 28, 2019
Levin College Forum
Equity Planning: What’s Next for Cleveland?
CSU Levin College of Urban Affairs
Join a discussion exploring the state of equity planning, policies, and practice as surveyed in the new book edited by Krumholz & Hexter—Advancing Equity Planning Now—with a focus on how a federal public housing initiative—the Rental Assistance Demonstration, or RAD—is currently being implemented by the Cleveland Metropolitan Housing Authority. Panelists will discuss both the challenges and opportunities with CMHA’s RAD implementation, including how city leaders and major stakeholders can leverage the redevelopment of large public housing properties across Cleveland with additional equity-oriented plans and initiatives.
Keynote Speaker | Patrick Costigan, Strategic Advisor with the RAD Collaborative
- Norman Krumholz, Emeritus Professor, CSU Levin College of Urban Affairs
- India Pierce Lee, Senior Vice President, Cleveland Foundation
- Mark McDermott,VP & Market Leader-Ohio, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Tania Menesse, Director of Community Development, City of Cleveland
- Jeffrey Patterson, CEO, Cleveland Metropolitan Housing Authority
The panel will be moderated by Kathryn W. Hexter, former Director of the Center for Community Planning and Development, CSU Levin College of Urban Affairs.
The event is free and open to the public. Learn more and register on the CSU website. AICP CM credits are available.