Director of Planning and Development
City of Euclid
Job Summary: Responsible for coordinating all community development, economic development and planning activity within the City. The Director's responsibilities include, but is not limited to the improvement of the health and prosperity of the residents, businesses and neighborhoods and the increase of the tax base of the City. The Director will manage employee performance, annual budgeting, and review and approval of all department expenses to ensure the successful function of the department.
Works under the immediate direction of the Mayor.
- Supervise professional staff.
- Coordinate with local, state, federal and non-profit economic development agencies to support business growth.
- Administer local economic development incentive programs.
- Identify potential funding sources including grants to facilitate community and economic development.
- Develop and maintain an understanding and working knowledge of current Community Development Block Grant (CDBG); HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME); and, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations and coordinate the monitoring of these programs, ensuring that performance levels associated with grant funding are being met. Develop business and community relations to support the creation of job opportunities and encourage a positive economic climate.
- Work with businesses and property owners to identify opportunities to fill vacant commercial real estate.
- Manage complex municipal real-estate and development transactions.
- Keep abreast of the economic and legal issues involved in community development or redevelopment.
- Support the Planning and Zoning Commissioner in his or her duties to ensure compliance with the Euclid Codified Ordinances and provide updates to the Planning and Zoning Commission on a regular basis.
- Plan and manage community improvement projects involving public parks, buildings, properties and rights-of-ways.
- Coordinate the implementation of the City Master Plan and other adopted plans, and lead new community planning processes.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Mayor.
(The description above represents the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned.)
Work Environment: Office. Sedentary work: Exerting negligible force; occasional walking and standing. Physical activity: climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
Requirements: Master's degree in Public/Business Administration or related field. Five years managerial and city experience, or comparable private sector background. Broad knowledge of planning, development, economics, and municipal administration.
It is the policy of the City of Euclid to seek and employ the best qualified individuals for all positions, to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promotion and training: and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation or gender expression, genetic information, military status or veteran status.
Apply on-line by submitting your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Salary Commensurate with experience.