Land Use Planner
Wayne County Planning Department
Pay Range: 45,000-58,000
Job Stability! Great Benefits! Great Retirement System! Great Team!
Are you someone who cares about the current and future landscape of Wayne County? Are you able to juggle multiple projects and keep timelines on track? Do you enjoy using maps and geographical information? If so, Wayne County is the place! In addition to serving the public and working with a great team, we offer 11 paid holidays per year, ample sick leave and vacation leave (and unused leave rolls over to the next year), job stability, health benefits, and a great retirement system!
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensures implementation of Wayne County’s subdivision regulations and other permit processes, to determine compliance with land development regulations and the county’s comprehensive plan.
• Acts as Floodplain Coordinator for County. Meets with land owners and developers to provide advice and direction. Presents variances and subdivisions to the Planning Commission and provides technical assistance.
• Facilitates the development, implementation and administration of planning-related projects and promotes planning functions and special projects. Examples include: Agricultural Security Areas (ASAs), ODOT grants, Agricultural Easement Purchase Program, and Ohio Public Works Commission.
• Prepares Planning Commission agendas and minutes. Implements special project activities as assigned. Examples include comprehensive plan, planning reports, regulation updates, census updates, and other land use related projects. Assists the County Park District and Trail Committee, staff support for local non-profits and 201/208 sewer planning.
• Establishes and implements educational programs regarding land use, zoning, recreation, conservation planning and alternative development options.
• Researches and gathers information and data and prepares reports. Examples include floodplain and development permits. Acts as department lead on the Construction Application Permits (CAPs) process.
• Degrees might include: Planning, Public Administration, or Public Policy.
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities) by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Marcy Stoller. Questions? Call 330-287-5410.
Posted 3/30/22 - this position will remain open until filled.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer