City of Cleveland
Pay Range: $31,200.00 - $145,000.00
The Department of Community Development is seeking a seasoned and innovation-minded professional to serve as the city's land bank manager. We aim to reform the land bank disposition process to redevelop the city's extensive land bank sites from a liability to the best and highest use assets that meet community needs.
Top candidates will have experience and demonstrated success in the following areas: land bank, community development, real estate, government management, program redevelopment, and customer service.
Examples of Duties
Under administrative direction, is responsible for planning, managing, developing work rules, training, coordinating, and administering all activities and personnel of such staff positions as administration, citizen participation, research, and finance, and manages such personnel as are assigned to specific functions in the performance of the necessary duties. Performs other job-related duties as required.
A High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's Degree is required. Four years of full time paid management or administrative experience is required. (Substitution: Two years of experience may substitute for each year of college education lacking. A valid State of Ohio Driver's License is required.
Additional Departmental Duties
Under the direction of the Commissioner of Neighborhood Development, assists in the day to day operations and management of the Land Reutilization Program (“Land Bank”). Monitors and is responsible for the daily application of Departmental policies and procedures pertaining to Land Bank operations. Manages the “Land Bank Database” to ensure proper, timely and accurate compilation of documentation, records and sales transactions.
Performs specific job-related duties such as:
- Ensures systems are in place for processing and tracking properties, acquisition & sales activity, projects, and legislation.
- Maintains effective coordination and communication with other City Departments including City Planning, Law, Economic Development, etc. Interfaces with Cleveland City Council, local Community Development Corporations and other organizations as necessary. Coordinates research and responses to property inquiries and requests made by City departments as well as the general public.
- Develops processes that position and make land available, based on City initiatives, strategies, and goals that are independent to the department, or in coordination with other City departments and partner organizations.
- Orders and evaluates appraisals, title work, legal descriptions, property surveys and plats, environmental and geotechnical assessments.
- Attends meetings and provides testimony to various Council Committees and City Boards with respect to Land Bank sales and acquisition activities.
- Negotiates and acquires real property, easement rights, leasehold interests, etc. in connection with City of Cleveland public improvement and development projects.
- Assists the Law Department with real estate transactions including, but not limited to, eminent domain proceedings, court filings and other various property related proceedings.
- Maintains records and generate reports
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Departmental Qualification Preferences:
- Understanding and experience with real estate development.
- An understanding of Real Estate terminology and the process for conveyance of real estate.
- Ability to draft Request for Proposals (RFP), rate and recommend awards based on submittal reviews.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or comparable spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of Real Property documents such as deeds, easements, and, etc.
SUBMIT RESUME TO: Ashley Mosby-Miles, email@example.com , or City of Cleveland Department of Community Development, 601 Lakeside Avenue, Room 320, Cleveland, OH 44114.