Department of Agriculture
This position is on the Region 9 Public and Government Relations Staff with a duty location within the Eastern Region. (See Additional Information)
The incumbent serves as the Region's Community Engagement Program Manager and is responsible for developing and implementing an urban-based outreach and engagement program as well as a conservation education program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Lisa Klaus at email@example.com or 414-208-6547.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate the urban outreach program.
- Communicate with national, regional, and unit managers to provide technical advice, training, and guidance on the conservation education program.
- Work with senior leadership to address long-range planning, development, and coordination of activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Enhance communication with urban constituents to ensure views and values of underrepresented groups are understood and incorporated.
- Determine program priorities to promote an effective, fully integrated conservation education program.
- Advise leadership on emerging natural resource issues identified by urban and community residents.
- Integrate Agency natural resource stewardship priorities into urban programming to communicate priorities to urban audiences.
- Support the integration of urban residents' viewpoints and values into Agency natural resource stewardship priorities.
- This position has limited supervisory duties
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for events and programs.
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's General Schedule Qualification Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements.
Specialized Experience Requirement
For the GS-13 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level.
Examples of specialized experience are: Serving as technical advisor to different levels of an organization in identifying, analyzing, and resolving programming issues in urban outreach and/or conservation education; Planning and organizing major public events such as a citizen environmental engagement day or youth education program; Designing and implementing public affairs campaigns to increase communication with urban audiences and youth; Building agreements with urban institutions and/or conservation education groups about mutually agreed upon public engagement projects.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENT: If you are a current federal employee in the General Schedule (GS) pay plan and applying for a promotion opportunity, you must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirements of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. This requirement must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
This position does not have an educational requirement.