Crossroads Community Planning, LLC
Pay Range: $50,000-$75,000
Crossroads Community Planning, LLC, (Crossroads) is searching for a planner to work with principals to complete planning duties, particularly zoning code updates and comprehensive plans. Crossroads is a planning consulting firm formed in 2020 and currently has 3 employees. Crossroads is based in the Columbus, OH area and provides services in Ohio and Southern New England. The firm is multidisciplinary and provides services in a range of areas including zoning codes, planning administration for small communities, comprehensive planning, economic development planning, housing development and finance, and governmental communications and administration consulting.
Crossroads has recently entered into several contracts with communities in the Columbus area, particularly for planning and zoning code updates around the new Intel Semiconductor facility being developed in Licking County, northeast of Columbus. Crossroads is searching for a planner that can work with Principals to complete comprehensive plans and zoning code updates. Primary duties will be:
• Zoning – Planner will work with Principal in completing zoning code updates and drafting zoning overlay districts.
• Comprehensive Planning – Crossroads is completing several comprehensive plans, and Planner would work with Principals in attending meetings, drafting, research and mapping.
• Administration - Crossroads has contracts with several small communities to provide planning staffing services to review zoning and appeals cases. The Planner would assist with these tasks and be able to gain experience with assisting various types of governments including townships, villages and cities.
• Proposals/ Grant Writing – Planner would assist in drafting proposals for new contracts for Crossroads, as well as grant and funding applications for communities.
Planner would be significantly involved in conversations around strategies for achieving goals in communities. Additionally, Planner would have the opportunity to learn about housing finance and development and governmental administration.
Crossroads is willing to consider candidates with varying levels of experience. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
• A Batchelor’s or Master’s degree in Urban Planning, with a basic understanding of traditional planning practices including zoning codes, comprehensive planning and economic development.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be flexible and work on varying tasks.
• A willingness to work as an integral member of a team and learn and gain experience in different areas and communities.
• The Planner will need to attend regular daytime and evening meetings in the Columbus metro area.
• Familiarity with ARCGIS
• Canva or other brochure design applications
• Adobe Suites: Photoshop; InDesign; and other similar design programs
Please submit resumes to Crossroadscommunityplanning@