Pay Range: $50,000-$65,000
Designing Local, LTD. is a professional services firm and Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) located in Columbus, Ohio. We specialize in Arts & Culture Planning, Historic Preservation, Urban Design, and through our affiliate Landscape Architecture and we have completed projects in 20 states.
Designing Local is seeking an urban planner who will assist in all aspects of planning efforts while working on a collaborative team to deliver excellent plans to clients. Designing Local allows for flexible geographic working location based on experience, but Ohio is the preferred location.
● Participates in meetings with clients, stakeholders, and members of the public.
● Leads data collection and existing conditions analysis and research related to projects and clients.
● Develops planning reports for arts & culture, urban design, and community planning projects.
● Potentially conduct site visits to perform analysis, manage workshops, and facilitate client meetings.
● Generates graphics for presentations and project communication materials.
● Assists with social media, proposal production, and other firm marketing activities.
● Project management and team coordination.
● Performs research and analysis in support of strong project outcomes.
● Previous experience in public or private planning.
● Undergraduate or graduate degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Geography, or related field.
● General knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and an interest in learning more about the specialized fields of arts & culture planning, historic preservation, and urban design.
● Understanding of principles and practices of research and data collection.
● Ability to prepare professionally-written reports and memos.
● Working knowledge of general computer programs and applications including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Zoom, and various Internet applications.
● Strong Competency with various graphics programs including Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other drafting/modeling programs is desired but not required.
● Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
● Strong written and analytical skills.
● Basic competency in GIS programs and applications.
● Ability to perform in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment which may include several projects simultaneously.
Office Location and Compensation
● Our office is located on Main Street in the Near East Side of Columbus. We expect professional staff to be in the office at least once a week. Remote work is acceptable the remainder of the week.
● Pay Range: $50,000-$65,000
Designing Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Designing Local is an equal opportunity employer in recognition of the essential rights of all qualified applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation and/or military status.