Senior Transportation Planner
Richland County Regional Planning Commission
Richland County Regional Planning Commission (RCRPC) is searching for an experienced Transportation Planner. A successful candidate would be motivated, organized, and adaptive.
As a Regional Planning Commission (RPC) and Metropolitan Planning Agency (MPO), RCRPC provides services in land-use and transportation planning to political subdivisions of Richland County, Ohio. We are located in Mansfield, Ohio, and provide a friendly work environment with complete benefits including Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).
The planner under the general direction of the Transportation Technical Director will manage the development of plans and programs aimed at the implementation of the region's Long Range Transportation Plan. This position is ideal for a planning professional with a strong interest in furthering their career in transportation and project management. We anticipate career development will occur working on the types of duties and responsibilities described:
• Assist the Technical Director with the development and implementation of the MPO’s Long-Range Transportation Plan
• Support the development, update, and modification of the MPO’s multi-year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
• Manage the development and coordination of special studies at the MPO, including contracting with local governments, ODOT, consultants, and other parties
• Foster collaborative working relationships and provide technical planning services to local jurisdictions and partners to advance planning and implementation of projects
• Supervise and provide direction to planners II & III in the development of the various activities of the metropolitan planning process
• Serve as the MPO liaison to various community groups and committees, including making presentations, facilitating meetings, and providing materials to assist in transportation planning efforts.
• Write topical reports and analysis/letters/memos
• Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, and seminars to represent RCRPC and keep up to date with current/best planning practices, and
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, abilities, and qualities required in candidates:
• Knowledge of transportation planning and Metropolitan Planning Organization requirements and responsibilities;
• Ability to evaluate the feasibility of planning alternatives in relation to trends, costs, social pressures, and needs.
• Ability to develops project plans; coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and within budget;
• Exhibits sound judgment; makes informed professional recommendations; includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
• Displays passion and optimism; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; improves process, products, and services
• Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and responds well; writes clearly and concisely
• Provides leadership; demonstrates knowledge of the Commission's business; aligns work with strategic goals
Bachelor’s degree in regional planning, transportation engineering, geography, or a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Five (5) years of responsible and professional work experience in transportation engineering, transportation project management, transportation planning; One (1) year of supervisory experience. A Master’s Degree in planning or a related field may substitute for some experience. Specific experience in the administration of MPO responsibilities and/or regional planning organizations are desirable.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of ArcGIS software
Starting Yearly Salary Range - $50,000 - $62,500 based on experience. This is an unclassified, full-time position. RCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employee.
Motivated candidates send resumes with cover letters to email@example.com. Applications/resumes will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.