Clinton County Regional Planning Commission
The Associate Planner plays a vital role in providing staff support and advice to the communities within the region, planning and zoning commissions and is a key contributor to the implementation of the RPC’s mission. The Associate Planner must possess comprehensive knowledge of modern planning concepts and principles, and understanding of the public policy aspects of local government.
• Reports to the Executive Director
• Serving county, city, and village governments.
• Interprets and applies applicable state, county and local codes, ordinances and regulations
• Assists in the development and management of: the comprehensive plan, subdivision regulations, zoning regulations, open space and recreation plans, housing plans, and other planning initiatives led by the CCRPC.
• Responsible for assisting with: the Planning Commission agenda, preparation of technical reports, plans, studies, and coordination with all agencies involved with the site development.
• Familiarity with various grant opportunities and possess grants writing skills, or willingness to learn.
• Assists with advising applicants on development proposals.
• Assists with the administration of the Clinton County Land Reutilization Corporation (“Land Bank”).
• Serves on various committees and attends meetings representing the CCRPC.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Email cover letter, one copy of resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org