ms consultants is a civil engineering firm with 300 employees among seven offices in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. We ranked as one of the “Top 500 Design Firms” by Engineering News-Record and “Top 300 Architectural Firms” by Architectural Record. We invest heavily in our people and their growth, and we are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a leader to champion a data-driven culture across ms consultants. The successful candidate must be driven to use data to solve complex business problems and finding powerful ways to visualize data and insights to best enable our business.
We are looking for a driven individual who will work with the Leader of Operations in Urban Planning and Project Managers on plans for city expansion to accommodate an expected growth in population, coordinating between the community’s various facilities to ensure that citizens’ needs are met. The Planner’s main duties involve managing the city’s current utilities, designing their future plans for additional growth and keeping the community informed of those plans.
What You'll Do
- Assist project managers on comprehensive, neighborhood, and corridor planning processes by designing maps for future projects and organizing relevant information into easy-to-read formats.
- Work with stakeholders individually and assist and at times lead public meetings on city growth and change.
- Prepare reports and presentations which may include charts, graphs, technical data spreadsheets, and maps to have information readily available for public meetings and for project manager and team knowledge.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard planning techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Prepare conceptual plans and land planning for various projects as given.
- Assist in preparation of site feasibility studies and reports.
- Develops solutions to policy and physical planning problems.
- Become an expert on local building and zoning codes, land use policies and environmental regulations through meetings with interested parties and independent research in order to ensure compliance.
What You'll Bring
- Master Degree in Urban/City and Regional Planning from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of related experience, or equivalent experience
- AICP preferred, or within two years of hire
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to balance work on multiple projects at once
- Proficient in Adobe CS6, GIS, and Microsoft Office
Why Choose ms consultants?
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
As a member of the ms team, we consider your needs as a professional and as an individual outside of work. We offer a career path which provides opportunities for advancement at any level of your career and costs for licensure, certifications and further education. To support yourself and your family, we offer a robust benefits package which provides options for health coverage in addition to life insurance, disability, long-term care and more. Our comprehensive 401(k) plan is here to set you up for the future from hire to retire. We emphasize work-life balance and offer time off and flexible work schedules for when you need, it in addition to company paid holidays. Wherever you are in your personal and professional journey, ms has you covered.
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Business Unit: Corporate Marketing
This is a full time position