Village of Plain City
Pay Range: $41,641-$51,001
Do you enjoy working with others to reach a common vision? If so, the Village of Plain City has an opportunity for you! The Village of Plain City’s Planning and Zoning Department is currently seeking a Zoning Inspector to join its Planning team.
Working under the general supervision of the Village Planner, the Zoning Inspector position offers an opportunity to build skills in a wide variety of areas. This position will enforce the provisions of the Zoning Code and any related codes and ordinances. The Zoning Inspector will also help to provide support for short- and long-range planning efforts, including review of zoning applications, zoning and land use studies, and provide general support to Village bodies and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK
• Responds to and investigates complaints from citizens, other agencies and departments on alleged violations of Village ordinances;
• Schedules and performs all follow-up necessary to gain compliance with codes and ordinances;
• Interpret and explain municipal codes and ordinances to members of the general public, contractors, business owners, and other interested groups in the field;
• Prepare written reports, memos and correspondence, maintaining accurate documentation on all investigations, inspections, enforcement actions and other job-related activities;
• Substantiate violations by preparing evidence (draw diagrams or illustrations as necessary and take photographs) to support legal actions taken by the Village; appear in court as necessary, testify at hearings and in court proceedings as required.
• Records and processes all applications for planning and zoning permits, obtaining needed documents, drawings, and site plans, and verifies forms are complete and accurate;
• Establishes and maintains external relationships; communicates with architects, attorneys, property owners, and other members of the general public regarding zoning and property maintenance code matters; contacts newspapers and local residents as required by zoning and property maintenance regulations;
• Coordinates inspection activities with other enforcement agencies; receives and responds to routine inquiries in person or via telephone;
• Provides assistance to general public regarding zoning or code enforcement matters; confers with Village Administrator, and Village Planner regarding zoning and property maintenance issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Planner position requires completion of secondary education or equivalent (high school diploma or GED); one (1) or more years of related experience and/or training in urban planning, zoning/building administration and enforcement; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Taylor Brill, Village Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the Village’s website at www.plain-city.com for more information.